Sunday, May 8, 2011

There was a movie back in the 80's called "Married to the Mob". A movie about my life might be entitled "Married to a Choreographer/Producer". And when there is a show in full tilt production, I honestly find it hard to tell which of these would be more frightening.

Hi. My name is Jeff. And in this blog, I'm going to give you my behind the scenes perspectives on what goes into a modern dance / theatre production, as created and choregraphed by my wife, Kathleen Rea.

The current show in question is called VIVID4 and will premiere on June 23, 2011 in Toronto, Canada. Sure, there will be the occasional shameless plug to get you to come out and see the show. But my main goal will be to educate and entertain you with what goes into devloping a dance theatre production. Modern dance is nowhere near as scary as you might have believed. One of the mandates of Kathleen's company, REAson d'etre dance productions, is to make dance more accessible and to teach and inspire the world about dance. Hopefully, over the next few weeks, this blog will do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment