Friday, June 17, 2011

Kathleen uploaded this video to her facebook page, but I thought I would post it here again because it's fun to watch. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again... that’s a lot of yarn:



This was filmed and edited by Jaqui Brown, a dance student of Kathleen's, and she's done an amazing job.

After seeing these clips and hearing Kathleen talk about how the piece is developing, I’m really looking forward to the show. And I’m not just saying that!

I enjoy watching Kathleen’s work. She incorporates a sense of whimsy with characters you can relate to and a lot of neat athletic moves based on Contact Dance. These are all good things for a novice-to-intermediate dance viewer such as myself because it gives me stuff to relate to. I like seeing a story. I like seeing flying moves. I like seeing dancers portray characters that grow and develop through the piece. Check, check and check... this has it all. Join me next Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

Oh, and at 0:53, are they doing Tai Chi???

No comments:

Post a Comment